Subscribe:

Monday, June 10, 2013

Mexican Casserole



Hello Blogosphere! It's been a while, I know. I've been crazzzyyy busy the past few weeks. Sorry! Thought I'd update with a recipe. 

I was at a bridal shower yesterday, and the bride said "Mexican Casserole" and ever since then, I've been having a serious craving for it. I pretty much made this up on my own. I know I wanted it to be gluten free, nutritious, and so damn good.

I made my base crushed corn tortilla chips. Topped it with a layer 98% fat free ground chicken made kind of like a picadillo (I used salsa instead of tomato sauce), a layer of organic canned corn, a layer of organic black beans, a layer of one sliced jalapeno, a layer of fat free organic greek yogurt, and fat free cheddar cheese. Threw it in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 mins and done! It was quick and so simple. I also made a side of homemade guac. 

Simple. Healthy. Tasty. What more can you ask for?

0 comments:

Post a Comment