Subscribe:

Monday, April 29, 2013

Getting Motivated


Good morning! Having a case of the Mondays? Feeling unmotivated? I know, I've felt like that too. There are just some days that you don't feel like working out. Here are some tips to keep you on track..
  • Set realistic goals. It's important to set goals you are able to achieve. Not doing so will only leave you disappointed, discouraged, and right back where you started. Start off with small weekly goals, like "Drink a gallon of water a day" or "Do as many push ups I can." Stick to it and always create new ones.
  • Plan ahead. Plan your workouts and meals before hand. Therefore, when you get into the gym you don't waste anytime and you always have healthy meals on hand. Fail to plan, plan to fail.
  • Leave gym clothes in your car. I always do this. You never know when you can get an extra 30 mins to yourself. Don't make excuses, always be prepared.
  • Update your playlist. This is my personal favorite. Sometimes all you need is new music to keep you focused.
  • Bring a buddy. Having a workout buddy always makes going to the gym easier. It gives you a lot of motivation and they help push you further.
  • Take a class. This has also worked for me. Sometimes you need to switch it up and do something totally different. Try a full body conditioning or kickboxing class. They're fun!
  • Buy yourself something. Sometimes buying a new shirt or new sneakers helps you feel good. Retail therapy has always worked for me!
  • Change it up. Change your workouts, change the time you're going, or change where you're going. If you have a friend that goes to a different gym, see if they offer day passes. A change of scenery can be nice. I love my gym, but I try to do this like twice a month.
  • Swimsuit season. Um hellloooo its the end of April people! Summer is coming! I know you want to have a hot summer body! Get out there and do the damn thing! XD
I hope these help. Enjoy your workouts!

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment