Subscribe:

Saturday, May 4, 2013

My First Quinoa Salad!

Hi!! Here is my dinner for tonight, Grilled Flank Steak with a side of Quinoa Salad. It was so delicious and so healthy. Ok so about the steak. I try to limit my red meat to once a week sometimes twice a week. If I do a steak, it is always flank steak. It's the healthier, leanner choice. It's packed with protein and is a good source of iron. It has a toughness to it, so it takes a little bit longer to grill. Another good steak is top of the round. I never marinate it, I always throw it on the grill plain and use Hot Bone Suckin' steak sauce on the side. My serving size is usually 4-6oz. 

As for the quinoa salad, it was my first time making one. I borrowed a little bit from Skinnytaste.com , and tried a little few things of my own. I mixed cooked quinoa, organic black beans, organic canned corn, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, cilantro, red onion, extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, white vinegar, mango, cumin, chili powder, sea salt and pepper. Mixed it all up and served it on the side. I didn't really measure, I just did everything by eye. But you can check out Skinnytaste for her recipe. The quinoa and beans add more protein, the EVOO adds healthy fat, and the rest have added health benefits that are just too long to list (will make a separate blog post). 

This all took like 15 mins to make (if you already have the quinoa cooked). It was super fast, super easy, and super nutritious. Happy weekend!

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment