Subscribe:

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Baked Balsamic Chicken and Roasted Broccoli

Hey all! Sorry I haven't posted in a while, my b. I haven't been making anything interesting as of late. Just plain ol' chicken and broccoli/kale/salad aka nothing worth blogging about. I took a stab at balsamic chicken the other night and it came out wonderful. Flavorful and juicy, just the way I like my chicken. The pic above is my ideal dinner plate: a protein, a vegetable, a healthy fat, and a glass of ice water. Perfie! I hope you aren't judging me for the reversed fork and knife lol.
Chicken recipe:
  • Boneless chicken breast
  • Balsamic vinegar
  • Egg whites
  • Breadcrumbs (gluten free)
  • Dried parsley 
  • Sea salt and pepper
  • Extra virgin olive oil
  • Garlic powder
  1. In a bowl, whisk together 2 egg whites and 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar. Set aside.
  2. In a bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, parsley, garlic powder, sea salt and pepper. Set aside.
  3. Wash chicken. Pat dry. Trim the fat.
  4. Dip into the balsamic bowl on both sides. Let the excess drip off. Then dip into breadcrumb bowl on both sides.
  5. Place in aluminum foil lined broiler pan (or cookie sheet). Pour a drop of extra virgin olive oil on top of the chicken.
  6.  Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-45 mins or until juices run clear. (My chickens were large and I didn't butterfly them, so it took 45 mins. I also used a thermometer) 
Forgive the appearance of the broccoli. It was a tad old, so it started to yellow, but still delicious and edible nonetheless! PS this is broccoli from the farmer's market :D
Broccoli recipe:
  • Broccoli
  • Garlic cloves
  • Extra virgin olive oil
  • White vinegar
  1. Peel 4-5 garlic cloves and place in food processor. Add in 2 tbsp of oil, 1 tbsp of vinegar, and some black pepper. Chop in food processor.
  2. Put broccoli in a ziplock back. Add in contents from the food processor and mix back around.
  3. On an aluminum foil lined cookie sheet, place broccoli and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 mins.
If you don't have a food processor, you can just mince the garlic and add everything into the ziplock directly.
And of course I topped the broccoli with some siracha for a little spice. FYI, spicy foods boost your metabolism! Bring on the burn! And 1/4 of an avocado for some fats. Yes, fats are important too!

xoxo




0 comments:

Post a Comment